Sunday 4 September 2011

In Many Ways - by Peter Carroll

A friend wrote this book and initially asked me to plug it to help him out. Rather than just plug it for that reason, and because it's a measly 86p to download it from Amazon, I thought I'd buy it and give it a whirl. I downloaded the free Kindle App so I can read it on my laptop and started reading this morning, not knowing what to expect.


I'm totally hooked! It's a brilliant read. The characters are so well described I feel like I know those dodgy Scottish geezers (not that I'd want to).

So I'm recommending this book, not because I know the guy, but on its own merits. If you fancy a really good read, get this. Simples...


Here's a quick synopsis:
In “In Many Ways”, a young man is abducted and mutilated for talking out of turn, and a policeman is murdered as a result – all in a day’s work for Danny O’Neill, Scotland’s most notorious gangster.
Meanwhile, small-time drug dealer and shop worker Davie Argyle has just crossed O’Neill’s path. Davie has been waiting a long time for this. He needs to swallow his pride and convince O’Neill to trust him. Thing is, can he stay alive long enough for his plan to work?
Torture, murder, rock n roll and bloody revenge ensue as pasts unfurl and long-held secrets reveal themselves.


http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B005JLO9ZC/ravencrestboo-21

Image




No comments:

Post a Comment