Saturday 25 September 2010

Messed up

It's 2.30am. I've been awake since 2am. I was asleep, but my dreams were so messed up that I awoke clawing at my face, so I decided to force myself to be awake for a while, for a much needed reality check.

I always say I should write down my dreams before I forget them. They're already starting to fade, so what follows is probably going to be as weird and disjointed as the thing that woke me in the first place.

I'm at a festival. Barefoot, walking around the edge of 2 stages. Cables everywhere. There is some kind of acrobatic troupe with people strapped into robot shaped cages, being strung onto a long wire that's pulled them high into the air. I'm trying to get a picture of them with my phone because they look like transformers, but they're moving too fast and it annoys me.

I don't like the music on offer, somehow I end up in a dirty house with 2 Mexican DJs. They're playing some good music and seem nice enough (in a slightly scary way). We're drunk. It's going ok until I'm sitting between them and one of them suggests I take my top off. I'm suddenly aware of my personal space and just how much it's been invaded. I'm terrified they're going to rape me, and I get angry and shout at them, trying to force them to respect me as a person, as a human being. They're laughing at me. They have a very low opinion of women.
Someone knocks on the door. Why are they knocking? Do they know what these guys had planned all along and know not to disturb them? I shudder at the thought. He makes the excuse that he often wanks himself off on that sofa, so people knock. I don't know what to believe. I'm angry and scared, so I run. Back through the festival - suddenly the transformer robot caged people are really scary.

Suddenly I'm in an ultra-modern white house, with floor to ceiling net curtains blowing in the breeze and the first light of dawn cast pink across the walls. I'm creeping quietly but quickly through the house because I need to know how long it'll take me to get in there, kill the woman who is sleeping peacefully in a vast white bed, get out and get back (to wherever I came from) and keep my alibi intact. As I go through the last door in the long corridor she wakes up. Did she see me? Could she identify me? Should I just kill her now or risk coming back to do it at the time I planned?

Another sudden change. There's things crawling on me - on my face. Get them off! I wake up clawing at my face convinced there's something there.
At that point, I decided to be awake for a while. It's less traumatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment